Commuting 80 Kms everyday between Office and Home, makes me realize how amazing the roads are these days. Everyday we ride/drive with our lives on the line to reach our destinations. As per a new report from Indian Express, Delhi has highest fatalities in road accidents but barely any data.
This means that no matter what NCR is top on the death chart. And we are all the angels of death on the road. It is funny when people say it’s not them. Let’s be honest, we don’t know how to drive and even if we know how to drive, we are so frustrated to drive properly because of some or the other reason. So basically we are shit loads of death drivers. Some of us sold our lands to buy Audi, Porche or Mercedes, some of us got big cars on loan and now we show off. Some of us are riding through daily struggle. Personally, I am not afraid of death, it will come at the right time, but I don’t wanna die coz of some asshole idiot who did not know how to handle his ride.
We are just having fun over corpses.
There are many ways in which we can put an end on this though. Sadly, nobody would give a damn about this, I am aware, however, below are my thoughts.
1. Education – We teach our kids to look left, right and left before crossing a road but why the hell can’t we teach them basic rules of driving in school and colleges? Accept it or not, I see kids driving and riding these days and their parents get them all kinds of vehicles these days which we had to beg for. And got slapped for too. Lol.. you see, parents back then I guess were sensible enough or maybe some of them. Those who are adult enough like you, reading this blog post cannot be taught since we think we know it all. Let me laugh it off bluntly on the face.. LMAO!! But we seriously need to educate everyone. Rules are meant to be broken, ok.. but why break lives and families? Who gave you the fucking right? One should be taught right from the school that the road doesn’t belong to their father or grandfather.
2. DTC | Autos | Gramin Seva – Well! They all go to the same school to learn “how NOT to drive”. The way they change lanes suddenly is an art and most frustrating thing in the world. They stop anywhere, be it in the middle of the road and turn with no indicator. I don’t know how can someone see the bus driver’s hand out his window to take the turn. They should be fined or imprisoned if not found in dedicated lanes. We are promoting public transports but who will teach them how to drive?
3. Fine and Impound wrong side drivers – These are the biggest cause of accidents on the roads. Be it a bike, bullock cart, truck or any other vehicle, everyone is a threat. The idiots don’t realize that the turns maybe a little ahead. Rather than that, they prefer to drive on the wrong side. And they come in all the lanes, left, middle, right, you name it!! There is no rule! And then we have those idiots who switch to the wrong side the moment they see a traffic Jam ahead. They go to the front of the line and cause more Jam since the oncoming traffic forces them to sneak back into the line causing more mess. Such drivers should be fined heavily and vehicles impounded.
4. Cab drivers – Talk about NCR accidents, how can we miss the cabs plying to and fro Noida and Gurgaon. They are most of the time drunk, do not know how to drive, rude and they just try to be F1 racers with their ass on fire. In order to get paid, they just keep running 24×7 and have caused accidents time and again. Those people who use such cabs are also to be blamed. The shit heads call themselves educated but do not have a conscience to ask the driver to slow down. Cancellation of licenses and impound of cabs should be considered for these cab drivers.
5. Minimum speed limit on right most lane – If you want to reach your destination on time, never use the right most lane. This is a fact in India. The right most lane is the slowest here unfortunately. You will find idiots on phone, idiots scared of driving, idiots learning how to drive, idiots talking to each other while driving/riding, idiots in trucks, idiots in cars, idiots in buses and basically all the idiots. We should have a minimum limit set for the right most lane. Below which the person should be fined.
6. Speed breakers & Barricades – We know how to make sea link bridge, Barapulla bridge and many other big structures but we can never learn how to make a fucking speed breaker. It’s supposed to break the speed and not the vehicle. Some of them are so poorly made and have caused disasters. Be it internal road or highway, such speed breakers are the sickest thing ever. Problem is, everyone hates them but still they come out in the middle of the roads during the night, I have no fckng idea how or who made them. The same is barricades. They are put up on the most heaviest route causing long traffic jams. What is the use of barricades on highways, still trying to find out. I mean we have the supercars and bikes coming in India but there are no roads to drive them. This is how India will develop and have smart cities?
7. High Beams – There is no point writing anything on this topic because everyone knows what high beams cause yet we use them everywhere. While driving, while parking, while doing anything.. The white ones are even more hazardous but wait it wasn’t enough, we will put fucking blinking lights on our bikes. Put Dipper, Put Deeper or Put Diaper in night but put such bikers behind the bars.
8. Better Policing and infrastructure – Last but not the least, all the above issues cannot be solved without an efficient police force and good road infrastructure. Roads with no potholes and proper design can reduce the accidents and proper placement of traffic police can bring down the number of offenders. On highways and major intersection, one cannot find traffic police. Hence offenders think that road belong to them.
On that last note, just want to add that I have no idea what the mothers were reading or watching when these idiots were born. Maybe they were playing NFS or GTA.
Think about it…